Hopping Green & Sams has decades of experience at every level of government and in virtually every part of our home state of Florida. We have navigated the labyrinths of governmental law, from permitting electric power plants to financing infrastructure via special districts to guiding complex real estate transactions to drafting and passing legislation that governs your procedural rights before Florida regulatory agencies.
As a tribute to our founders’ shared vision, our firm still exists in largely the same structure as it did at its inception. We remain committed to their approach of a client-centric practice of law, where our attorneys accrue distinct subject matter competencies, and then based on a client’s needs, the most appropriate attorney – or team of attorneys – will help that client achieve his or her objectives.
The competence and extraordinary experience of our lawyers are critical to providing the highest level of client service. We endeavor to recruit the best and most experienced lawyers and law students to our firm. Our firm’s many awards demonstrate our extraordinary “bench strength,” including our many highly credentialed younger attorneys.
Several publications have recognized Hopping Green & Sams for the service and value we bring to clients:
- Eleven of our firm’s attorneys were ranked in the 2020 edition of the Florida Super Lawyers publication.
- Ten Hopping Green & Sams attorneys were listed in the 2020 edition of the Best Lawyers in America© publication by Woodward/White Inc., including several who have held this rank for more than ten years. This includes attorneys in the fields of: environmental law, energy law, land use and zoning law, municipal law, and water law.
- Chambers USA 2020 recognized Hopping Green & Sams for outstanding Florida practice groups in the areas of Environmental law (Band 1) and Real Estate: Zoning and Land Use -North & Central Florida (Band 2). Five HGS attorneys were also selected as notable practitioners within these practice groups.
- Our firm is ranked in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2020. The Land Use and Zoning practice is ranked Nationally in Tier 3. Hopping Green & Sams is ranked Regionally for Tallahassee as “Tier 1” in the following practice areas: Environmental law, Land Use & Zoning law, Litigation-Environmental, Litigation-Land Use & Zoning and Water law. As well as “Metropolitan Tier 2” in Energy law and “Metropolitan Tier 3” in Real Estate law.
- Two HGS lawyers were selected to the 2020 Florida Legal Elite list, published by Florida Trend magazine.
- More than half of our firm’s shareholders are recognized by peer ratings in the Martindale-Hubbell directory.
When you hire Hopping Green & Sams, you hire a legal team with decades of experience at every level of government and in virtually every part of our state.