Robert C. Volpe
Robert assists clients throughout the process of obtaining land development approvals and environmental permits from local, state, and federal governmental agencies.
As a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser with experience in the valuation of commercial and agricultural properties, his clients benefit from his knowledge of the development process and the value of their development rights.
- Florida State University, J.D., magna cum laude (Certificate in Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law; Article Selection Editor, Florida State University Law Review, Volume 42)
- Florida State University, B.S.
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court (Northern District of Florida)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eleventh Circuit)
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Bar Section of Environmental and Land Use Law, Executive Council Member, 2017-2019
- Urban Land Institute
- Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Commission, Chair 2019, Member 2018-2019
- Tallahassee-Leon County Local Planning Agency, Chair 2019, Member 2018-2019
- Blueprint Intergovernmental Agency Citizens Advisory Committee, Member 2019
Awards & Recognition
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," 2021 edition
- Listed in the annual publication of The Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star" 2020 edition
- Stephens/Register leadership and vision award, Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Section, 2019
- Judy Florence Memorial Outstanding Service Award, Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Section, 2018
Experience with land development and local government regulations including comprehensive plans, zoning, and other development review processes.
Assists clients in obtaining environmental permits, and in defending against local, state, and federal enforcement actions alleging noncompliance with environmental laws.
Evaluates complex environmental issues and assists clients through the necessary state and federal environmental permitting processes.
Represents private parties and governmental entities on complex environmental and development projects, and before various regulatory bodies, including local government, regional planning councils, water management districts, state regulators (e.g. the Department of Economic Opportunity, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Transportation, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commissions), and federal regulators (e.g., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. EPA)
Florida Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (2010-present, Licence #RZ3418).
Publications & Presentations
Presentation, American Planning Association, Florida Chapter, Comprehensive Planning in Florida (2019)
Presentation, Florida Chamber of Commerce Environmental Permitting School, Strategic Planning and Permitting for Development (2019)
Presentation, Tallahassee Bar Association, Planning for the Future: Emerging Technologies and Development (2018)
Lecture, Florida State University, Department of Urban & Regional Planning, Legal Basis of Land Use Planning (2015, 2016, 2017)
Presentation, Northeast Florida Environmental Summit, Securing the Future: Strategies for Sustainability, Property Security (2016)
Presentation, Florida Brownfields Association, Designating a Brownfield – City of Tallahassee South Monroe Corridor (2016)
The Role of Advanced Cost Recovery in Nuclear Energy Policy, 15 SUSTAINABLE DEV. L. & POL’Y 28 (2015)
In the News
Contact Robert C. Volpe