Katie S. Buchanan
As a member of the special district practice group, Katie counsels special taxing districts on matters including contracts, real property, public procurement, ethics, public records, open meetings and litigation.
She also utilizes the experience gained while serving as Assistant General Counsel for the Florida Department of Transportation in advising clients on administrative matters before state agencies. This experience includes private property rights, scope of easements, construction foreclosures, and contract and procurement disputes. Katie is a Florida native and spends her free time traveling, boating, and exploring state and national parks with her family.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., with Honors, (Certificate, Environmental Law, with Honors; Certificate, Land Use Law, with Honors)
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida Bar, Section on City, County and Local Government Law
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Division, Volunteer
- Legal Services of North Florida Advice Hotline
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court (2005-2011)
Represents special taxing districts in matters relating to contracting, real property, public procurement, ethics, public records and open meetings.
Represents special taxing districts in various disputes including foreclosures and bankruptcy matters.
Served as Assistant General Counsel for the Florida Department of Transportation, from 2005 to 2008.
Publications & Presentations
The Role of Community Development Districts in Florida, Florida Environmental and Land Use Law Treatise (2014) (Co-Author).The Intersection of Transportation and Florida Law, Planning Law and Ethics Workshop, Florida Section of the Institute of Engineers (FSITE) (2009).
Negotiation Strategies, Florida Department of Transportation Legal Conference (2007).
Contact Katie S. Buchanan