Jason M. Walters
Jason focuses his practice on the representation of special taxing districts throughout the state.
He represents clients on a variety of issues, including formation and establishment, bond validation, public finance, public procurement and construction, and public official issues. Jason also has experience in the areas of commercial litigation including special assessment foreclosures, contract disputes and general business litigation. In addition, he has represented both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings on issues ranging from claims prosecution to asset protection. Prior to attending law school, Jason worked for one of the largest insurance brokerages in the country specializing in wholesale professional liability insurance. This diverse background in both the legal and business worlds provides Jason with a unique perspective for addressing his clients’ problems. A lifelong Floridian, Jason enjoys the beaches, the golf course and college sports.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., with honors (Honors Program)
- Stetson University, M.B.A., with honors
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court (Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Florida)
- Florida Bar, City, County and Local Government Law Section
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Emerald Coast Golden Retriever Rescue, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
Awards & Recognition
- Listed in Florida Trend Magazine’s “Up & Coming Legal Elite,” 2012 edition
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students, 2004
- National Dean’s List, 2004
Represents developer clients in the establishment and formation of special taxing districts before cities, counties and the Florida Land and Water Adjudicatory Commission.
Represents special taxing districts on issues including bond validation, public procurement and construction, public finance, and public official law.
Represents clients in commercial litigation matters including special assessment foreclosures, contract disputes, and general business disputes.
Intern, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Publications & Presentations
Community Development Districts: Where We’ve Been, Where We Are, and Where We Might Go?¸ Florida Bar CLE, Land Use (2012)
Contact Jason M. Walters