Our lawyers have an impressive breadth and depth of experience in the solid and hazardous waste field. Because of our lawyers’ knowledge and experience, Hopping Green and Sams is able to provide creative and effective solutions to difficult issues facing your business or industry.
Whether you are a new or existing solid waste management facility, a hazardous waste generator, or a hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal facility, Hopping Green & Sams has the knowledge and experience to assist you with permitting, corrective action, regulatory compliance, or enforcement issues.
Areas of Service
With decades of collective experience in helping clients navigate complex solid and hazardous waste compliance, permitting, and enforcement matters, Hopping Green and Sams is able to provide creative and effective solutions to difficult issues facing your business or industry.
We have represented clients on a wide range of solid and hazardous waste issues, including:
- Permitting of solid and hazardous waste management facilities;
- Permitting deep injection wells;
- Defending agency enforcement actions resulting from facility inspections, accidental releases, alleged permit violations, and historic site contamination;
- Corrective action, closure, post-closure care issues, groundwater monitoring plans, and financial assurance requirements;
- Environmental aspects of real estate and corporate transactions;
- Above ground and underground storage tank regulation and contamination remediation;
- Implementing risk-based corrective action principles;
- Brownfield redevelopment; and
- Handling and disposing of biomedical waste.
From our offices two blocks from the state Capitol, our lawyers are also routinely involved in solid and hazardous waste issues before the Florida Legislature and state regulatory agencies. Our experience in this regard provides a deep understanding of emerging regulatory initiatives and trends that can assist in the development of successful strategies to vexing regulatory problems. It also makes Hopping Green & Sams uniquely situated to assist clients in finding effective legislative and regulatory solutions to complex problems.
Contact one of our lawyers to learn more about how we can help.