Hopping Green & Sams regularly represents Florida, national and international businesses and trade associations with state and local tax issues ranging from income tax audits to sales tax legislation to property tax litigation. We offer our clients years of experience in a broad array of services including:
- State and local tax planning and advice;
- Legislative representation on tax and fee bills;
- Participation in Department of Revenue rulemaking and policy development;
- Representation before the Department of Revenue, administrative tribunals and the courts in tax controversy matters of all types;
- Securing economic development incentives such as manufacturing exemptions, renewable energy technologies refunds, and Florida’s New Markets Tax Credits program; and
- Advice on tax issues associated with business expansion and relocation.
For over 30 years, we have represented clients before the Florida Department of Revenue and the Florida Legislature, and have been engaged in major tax policy issues in the state, including property tax reform, the services tax debate, the unitary tax experiment, and the creation of the communications services tax.