Timothy maintains a broad-based environmental practice that includes permitting and compliance counseling, civil and administrative litigation, regulatory due diligence, enforcement defense, and legislative representation. He advises and represents clients on matters of state and federal environmental law, particularly regarding construction activities within wetlands and other environmentally sensitive areas, oil and gas development, and water use.
- Serves as a Military Attorney in the Judge Advocate General Corps, Florida Army National Guard.
- Served as a summer law clerk for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Water Enforcement Division, Office of Civil Enforcement (Summer 2007) and the U.S. Army, 1st Cavalry Division, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (Summer 2006).
- Managed Policy and Development for the Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District in Austin, Texas, 2004-2005.
- Former appointed member of the City of Austin’s Environmental Board, 2004-2005
- Managed Environmental Resources for the Town of Flower Mound, Texas, 2002-2004.
Publications & Presentations
- Unmasking Chinese Business Enterprises: Using Information Disclosure Laws to Enhance Public Participation in Corporate Environmental Decision Making, 33 HARVARD ENVIRONMENTAL LAW REVIEW 177 (2009) (Lead-Author).
- Piercing the Regulatory Veil: The Need to Expand Federal Clean Water Act NPDES Permit Coverage to Include Municipal ‘Satellite’ Sewer Collection Systems, 10 VIRGINIA ENVIRONMENTAL LAW JOURNAL 615 (2008).
- Crimes Against the Corps: Defending the Morality of Military Prosecutions for Acts Bringing ‘Discredit Upon the Armed Forces, Under Article 134, Uniform Code Military Justice, 5 DARTMOUTH LAW JOURNAL 245 (2007).
- Wrangling with Urban Wildcatters: Defending Texas Municipal Oil and Gas Development Ordinances Against Regulatory Takings Challenges, 32 VERMONT LAW REVIEW 349 (2007)
- Protecting Service Members from Illegal Pretrial Punishment: A Survey of Article 13, Uniform Code of Military Justice, Case Law, THE ARMY LAWYER, Dec. 2006, at 36.
- Water Quality of Effluent Dominated Ecosystems: Ecotoxicological, Hydrological, and Management Considerations, 556 HYDROBIOLOGIA 365 (2006) ( Co-Author)
- Redressing the Silent Interim: Precautionary Action & Short Term Tests in Toxicological Risk Assessments, 12 RISK: HEALTH, SAFETY, & ENVIRONMENT 281 (2001).