Robert maintains a broad environmental and land use practice that includes permitting guidance, regulatory compliance, and civil and administrative litigation. He assists clients throughout the process of obtaining environmental permits and land development approvals from local, state, and federal governmental agencies. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Robert was a real estate appraiser with experience in the valuation of commercial and agricultural property.
- Assists clients in obtaining environmental permits, and in defending against local, state, and federal enforcement actions alleging noncompliance with environmental laws.
- Experience with land development and local government regulations including comprehensive plans, zoning, and other development review processes.
- Evaluates complex environmental issues and assists clients through the necessary state and federal environmental permitting processes.
- Represents private parties and governmental entities on complex environmental and development projects, and before various regulatory bodies, including local government, regional planning councils, water management districts, state regulators (e.g. the Department of Economic Opportunity, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Transportation, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commissions), and federal regulators (e.g., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. EPA)
- Florida Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (2010-present, Licence #RZ3418).
Publications & Presentations
- The Role of Advanced Cost Recovery in Nuclear Energy Policy, 15 SUSTAINABLE DEV. L. & POL’Y 28 (2015).
- Presentation, Florida Brownfields Association, Designating a Brownfield – City of Tallahassee South Monroe Corridor (June 2016)
- Guest Lecture, Florida State University, Department of Urban & Regional Planning, Legal Basis of Land Use Planning (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Presentation, Northeast Florida Environmental Summit, Securing the Future: Strategies for Sustainability, Property Security (February 2016)