Jason’s practice focuses on complex commercial real estate transactions. He has experience representing landowners and developers in commercial transactions, landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters, and lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate lending matters. Jason’s experience includes advising clients in the acquisition and financing of multi-family housing projects as well as representing owners of agricultural tracts of land in sales to regional and national builders.
- Represents property owners in the sale, acquisition, development and financing of commercial real estate developments including multi-family and retail projects.
- Provides legal services to community development districts on matters relating to contracts, real property, public procurement, finance, construction, and local governments.
- Experience representing municipalities and various public boards.
Publications & Presentations
- The Sun Also Rises: CDDs, Lenders and the Economic Recovery, Florida Bar Real Property Section, Real Property Finance and Lending Committee (Feb. 2015) (Co-Presenter).
- Navigating a Brave New World: Buyers, Sellers, CDDs and the Economic Recovery, Florida Bar Real Property Section, Commercial Real Estate Committee (Feb. 2014) (Co-Presenter).
- Permitting and Entitlement Considerations in Distressed Real Estate Projects, Environmental and Land Use Considerations for Real Estate Transactions 2012, CLE Jointly Presented by Florida Bar ELULS & RPPTLS (Presenter).
- Implementing Institutional Controls at Brownfields, Second Edition (American Bar Association, Florida Chapter, 2012), Amy Edwards, editor (co-author).
Awards & Recognition
- Listed as an “Up and Coming Legal Elite,” Florida Trend (2008 & 2009 Editions)
- Listed as a “Rising Star,” in the annual publication of the Florida Super Lawyers (2009 Edition)