Erin represents clients before state, regional, and local government bodies with regard to environmental and land use issues. She advises clients on a wide array of matters, including comprehensive and large-scale planning, zoning, development of regional impact review, water supply planning, and wetlands and mitigation banking. She also represents clients before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, as well as circuit and appellate courts, on a variety of litigation matters, includin
- Represents clients before local and state agencies, courts, and elected bodies regarding land use and real estate development issues.
- Experience with comprehensive planning, zoning, development of regional impact (DRI) review, sector planning, and other planned development and large scale approval processes.
- Assists clients in obtaining environmental permits, and in defending against local, state, and federal enforcement actions alleging noncompliance with environmental laws.
- Former intern to the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich and the Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Publications & Presentations
- Protecting Our Environment in a Virtual Age: How Wildlife Webcams Could Strengthen Enforcement of the Endangered Species Act, 43 ENVTL. L. REP. 11021 (2013).
- Florida Administrative Practice, Chapter 8: Environmental Agencies, (The Florida Bar, 2014-present) (co-author).
- Community Development Districts as Creditors: The Role of Separation of Powers in Protecting the District’s Fiscal Sovereignty, 45 STETSON L. REV. 377 (2016) (co-author with Sarah Sandy).
- The Legal Basis of Planning, Florida State University, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Guest Lecturer (2016, 2017).
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, Dean Frank E. Maloney Memorial Writing Contest winner, 2013
- Stetson University College of Law, Hearne Environmental Law Award, 2013
- Listed as a “Rising Star” in the annual publication of Florida Super Lawyers, 2017 and 2018 Edition
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Thomas M. Ervin, Jr. Distinguished Young Lawyer Award, 2018.
- Listed in Tallahassee Woman Magazine’s: “Women to Watch,” June/July 2018.