Brooke has experience in a range of administrative, appellate, and regulatory matters including certification for new electrical generation under Florida’s Electrical Power Plant Siting Act, as well as, approvals for other large-scale facilities and renewable energy projects. She has represented clients in proceedings before all levels of the Florida court system, the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, and administrative agencies.
- Represented electric utilities in the licensing of new electrical generation under Florida’s Electrical Power Plant Siting Act.
- Represented clients in connection with environmental permitting and approvals for large-scale facilities and renewable energy projects.
- Defended environmental permit challenges before the Division of Administrative Hearings.
- Prepared briefs in appellate proceedings before Florida District Courts of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court.
- Represented clients in proceedings before the Florida Public Service Commission.
- Experience in litigating commercial and other disputes in Florida Circuit Court.
- Worked as a staff attorney to Justice Raoul G. Cantero, III of the Florida Supreme Court.
Representative Published Decisions
- State v. Harden, 938 So. 2d 480 (Fla. 2006)
- Reform Party v. Black, 885 So. 2d 303 (Fla. 2004)
- Jetty East Condo. Ass’n v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 45 So. 3d 465 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010)
- Tsolkas v. Fla. Fish & Wildlife Cons. Comm’n, 7 So. 3d 1116 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
- Palm Beach County Envtl. Coalition v. Fla. Dept. of Envtl. Prot, 14 So. 3d 1076 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
- Brooks v. Villa Del Lago, 929 So. 2d 1056 (Fla. 1st DCA 2006)
- Humana v. AHCA, 898 So. 2d 1040 (Fla. 1st DCA 2005)
- Glisson v. City of Tallahassee, DOAH Case No. 11-2953 (Nov. 18, 2011)
- Bussing v. Gainesville Renewable Energy Center, DOAH Case No. 10-7281 (Dec. 27, 2010)
- In re: Progress Energy Florida Levy Nuclear Project Units 1 & 2, DOAH Case No. 08-2727 (May 15, 2009)
Awards & Recognition
- Listed in Chambers USA, 2012- 2013 Editions.
- Honorary Speaker at Florida Supreme Court Induction Ceremony for Spring 2004 Inductees to the Florida Bar.