Read More »
Amanda practices primarily in the field of environmental law, helping clients navigate various regulatory processes administered by federal, state, and local rulemaking authorities.
- Evaluates complex environmental issues and assists clients in navigating the necessary state and federal environmental permitting processes.
- Assists clients in obtaining environmental permits, and in defending against local, state, and federal enforcement actions alleging noncompliance with environmental laws.
Publications & Presentations
- Catherine Janasie and Amanda Nichols, Navigating the Kelp Forest: Current Legal Issues Surrounding Seaweed Wild Harvest and Aquaculture, Resources & Env’t, Summer 2018, at 17.
- Legal Challenges to Shellfish Aquaculture Operation: Leasing, Permitting, and Zoning, Oh My!, Aquaculture America (Feb. 2018).
- Shellfish Leasing and Permitting Workshop: Case Studies for Overcoming Common Legal Barriers, National Shellfisheries Association Annual Meeting (Mar. 2018).
- Seaweed, Kelp, and Other Aquaculture Products: Legal Issues with Cultivation and Production as Food Sources, AALA 2018 Educational Symposium (Oct. 2018).
- Legal Issues in Aquaculture Panel, Northeast Aquaculture Conference & Exposition (Jan. 2019).
- Navigating the Legal Complexity of Shellfish Aquaculture Permitting, Aquaculture 2019 (Mar. 2019).