Following in the footsteps of our founders’ shared vision and example, our attorneys accrue distinct subject matter competencies and then help clients achieve their objectives efficiently and effectively by assembling the right team for their specific needs.
The competence and extraordinary experience of our lawyers are critical to providing the highest level of client service. And our lawyers offer clients decades of experience from County Court to the U.S. Supreme Court and from the local planning agency to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
We also endeavor to recruit the best and most experienced lawyers and law students to our firm. Our firm’s many awards demonstrate our extraordinary “bench strength,” including our many highly credentialed newer attorneys.
Several publications have recognized Hopping Green & Sams for the service and value we bring to clients:
- Eleven of our firm’s attorneys were ranked in the 2020 edition of the Florida Super Lawyers publication.
- More than half of our firm’s shareholders are recognized by peer ratings in the Martindale-Hubbell directory.
- Fifteen Hopping Green & Sams attorneys were listed in the 2021 edition of the Best Lawyers in America© and Best Lawyers Ones to Watch publications by Woodward/White Inc., including several who have held this rank for more than ten years. This includes attorneys in the fields of: environmental law, energy law, land use and zoning law, real estate law, tax law, and water law.
- Chambers USA 2020 recognized Hopping Green & Sams for outstanding Florida practice groups in the areas of Environmental law (Band 1) and Real Estate: Zoning and Land Use -North & Central Florida (Band 2). Five HGS attorneys were also selected as notable practitioners within these practice groups.
- Our firm is ranked in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2020. The Land Use and Zoning practice is ranked Nationally in Tier 3. Hopping Green & Sams is ranked Regionally for Tallahassee as “Tier 1” in the following practice areas: Environmental law, Land Use & Zoning law, Litigation-Environmental, Litigation-Land Use & Zoning and Water law. As well as “Metropolitan Tier 2” in Energy law and “Metropolitan Tier 3” in Real Estate law.
- Two of our lawyers were selected to the 2020 Florida Legal Elite list, published by Florida Trend.
Collectively, our team can bring to bear the experience, ideas, and tools to help you meet your goals, whether you are looking for inspired litigation strategies, planning a large-scale development project, dealing with a complex tax-exempt bond default, permitting an industrial facility, or managing government relations. When you hire Hopping Green & Sams, you hire leaders in the field.