Bill emphasizes the fact that Hopping Green & Sams evolved together with the branches of government with which it deals in Florida and the nation in the Environmental and Land Use practice areas. The firm has decades of regular interactions with clients, regulators, lawmakers, and judges at virtually every level from which it draws invaluable experience.
- Represents clients in federal, state and local administrative and judicial forums, and legislative forums.
- Participated in the development and implementation of many Florida and federal environmental laws; represented clients on a wide array of environmental law issues.
- Experience in Everglades restoration activities and related litigation.
- Lead counsel obtaining necessary permits for exploratory gas well in inland waters.
- Experience in discharge permitting, rulemaking, legislation and litigation, including those involving surface and groundwater nutrients and other parameters requiring regulatory relief.
Publications & Presentations
- 24 scientific journal publications on molecular spectroscopy, laser physics, and laser-induced infrared fluorescence studies of collisional energy transfer kinetics.
- International Environmental Conference, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, at the invitation of the Minister of Protection of the Environment and Natural Resources of the Russian Federation: presented paper on the creation of an improved environmental assessment/licensing process for new electrical generating facilities in Russia.
Awards & Recognition
- Named the 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” in Best Lawyers in America for Environmental Law; listed in Best Lawyers publication for Environmental Law and Water Law 1997-2017 Editions.
- Listed in the annual publication of The Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2015 Edition.
- Listed in 2010 Legal 500 for Real Estate/Land Use & Zoning
- Listed in Chambers USA, 2003-2009 Editions.
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Who’s Who Legal: Florida 2008, for Environmental Law.
- Elected Fellow, American College of Environmental Lawyers (2009). Emeritus Fellow (2011).