Vinette’s practice focuses on the negotiation of approvals under the state’s growth management laws and local government land development regulations. She represents clients before state, regional and local government bodies on an array of land use and real estate development issues in order to secure entitlements to allow the development of projects. Vinette also represents clients in formal hearings before the Division of Administrative Hearings and circuit and appellate courts.
- Represents private and public sector clients before local and state agencies, courts and elected bodies regarding land use and real estate development issues.
- Experience with comprehensive planning, zoning, and strategic planning to revise existing entitlements in response to new regulations and development trends.
- Experience with development of regional impact (DRI) review and other planned development and large scale approval processes including knowledge of legal avenues to avoid DRI review.
- Experienced in developing strategic and targeted revisions to comprehensive plans and land development regulations to facilitate site specific project development and the negotiation of local development order terms.
- Familiar with intricacies inherent in development of land uses including residential, commercial, mixed use communities, and industrial approvals including energy facilities and mines.
- Experience in protecting and challenging state and local approvals in court and before the Division of Administrative Hearings.
Publications & Presentations
- HB383: A Private Property Rights Bill; 2015 Florida Laws 30: Growth Management, the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Legislative and Case Law Update (2015)
- Emerging Trends on the Development Front for Environmental, Land Use and Real Estate Practitioners, The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee, The Environmental & Land Use Law Section, and the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, CLE Program Coordinator (2014).
- Practical Guide to Zoning and Land Use Law Challenges to Development Orders, NBI, Inc., Presenter (2013).
- What’s Left of Development Permitting – 33rd Annual RPPTL Legislative & Case Law Update Seminar, The Florida Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, The Real Property, Probate and Trust Law PAC & the RPPTL-PAC, Presenter (2013).
- Comprehensive Planning & Impact Fees Under the New SB 360 Paradigm, Environmental and Land use Considerations for Real Estate Transactions Seminar by the Florida Bar CLE Committee, the Environmental and Land Use Law Section and the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section (2010).
- Environmental Agencies, Florida Administrative Practice, The Florida Bar (2008) (co-author).
- Litigating Land Use, Litigating Land Use Conference, CLE International (2008)
- What’s Ahead for DRIs?, Growth Management, Energy, Climate Change and the Environmental Short Course, Florida Chamber (2009 and 2010).
- Understand the Development and Utilization of the Comprehensive Plan, Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivisions, Annexation and Zoning, NBI, Inc. (2009).
- The Intersection of Transportation and Florida Law, Planning Law and Ethics Workshop, Florida Section of the Institute of Engineers (FSITE) (2009).
- Implementation, Cluster Development, Urban Infill, Reducing VMT, Energy & Climate Change Panel, Environmental Permitting Summer School, Florida Chamber Foundation (2009).
- Administrative and Judicial Review of Land Use Decisions, Florida Land Use and Environmental Law, (2006) (co-author with David Powell).
Awards & Recognition
- Listed in 2014-2015 Edition of Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite”.
- Listed as a “Rising Star” in the annual publication of The Florida Super Lawyers 2010-2012 Editions.
- Leadership Florida, Class XXIX