Thomas counsels clients on matters of community development and local government, primarily in the establishment, financing, maintenance, and operation of special districts. Previously, Thomas has maintained a diverse practice, representing clients across a broad portfolio of legal matters, including: air quality permitting and compliance, energy and renewable energy policy, land use and growth management, and a variety of legislative, litigation and regulatory issues.
- Represented special districts on matters of community development, including contracts, real property, public procurement, public finance, ethics and open government, construction, and related litigation.
- Monitored legislative priorities for utilities and other clients impacted by development of energy and renewable energy policy.
- Represented clients on regulatory and licensure issues before state administrative agencies.
- Negotiated the appeal and adjustment of value in property assessments on behalf of taxpayers.
- Litigated contractual performance disputes between homeowners and construction contractors.
- Previously counseled clients in matters relating to federal and state air quality regulation, biofuel and renewable energy regulation, and associated permitting requirements.
Publications & Presentations
- Florida Case Law Update, Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Law Section Reporter (December 2012 – Present).
Awards & Recognition
- Member, Florida Blue Key