Brian is an original member of Hopping Green and Sams. His specialty is legislative work, where he has practiced since 1979.
Brian is also very active in the fitness industry. He is the owner of and an instructor at Sweat Therapy Fitness, an innovative exercise studio in Tallahassee.
- Over 30 years experience representing clients before the Florida Legislature and state agencies on a variety of legislative and regulatory matters including timeshare, vacation clubs and other real property development, telecommunications, taxation and environmental issues.
- Member of Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums and Mobile Homes Advisory Groups on Timeshare and Vacation Clubs, Condominiums and Land Sales.
- Involved with the passage of Florida’s first Timesharing Act and all subsequent amendments of the Act.
- Former general counsel for a land developer.
Publications & Presentations
- Overview of the Florida Real Estate Time-Sharing Act, The Florida Bar, Corporation and Business Law Section Newsletter (1982) (Co-Author).
- The 1993 Amendments to Florida’s Solid Waste Management Act: The Continuing Search for Solutions, 21 Florida State Law Review 529, (1993) (Co-Author).
Awards & Recognition
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.